Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Well helllllooooooo! La la la!

After being hassled by many people for months to bring the blog back, I've finally made it happen. I'm as surprised as you are that anyone would want to read my mindless dribble, but I can't disappoint the masses! Keep in mind, the layout is still VERY under construction so bear with me.

I can't really remember where I last left off, but I'm sure it was something along the lines of, "blah, blah, blah, blah". So why don't we just pick up from where I am now.

Work:
I'm still walking dogs which is AWESOME, but it has left me pretty much destitute so I went looking for a part-time job. I found one at a gym that I thought would be perfect (opening at 4:30am). I figured I would work a few hours first thing in the AM then go walk my dogs. Too bad management had other ideas and made the position full-time. Apparently I forgot to tell them that I was only interested in part-time because I'm now the new opener, working 4:30am-1pm Monday through Friday. This whole situation is still a work in progress and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it yet. Made me feel pretty good that I got a $2/hr raise after only working a week though ;)

Personal:
I still have no life. The latest excitement is the mouse that has taken up residence in my condo (that I'm positive one of the cats brought in). We're going on 4 days with the little guy hanging around now. I fairly easily caught the last mouse that visited us, but this little bugger is feisty and is even avoiding the humane traps. My baby cat is great at catching him, but she's not so great at the killing side of things. It took an interesting turn tonight when Bella came running into the living room with the mouse in her mouth. She dropped it and it didn't move, but as soon as it saw me coming over, it ran and hid under Bella! They spent the next 15 minutes playing hide & seek. Yup, utter chaos at my place.

That reminds me... In May, we had a new (non-mouse) addition to the house. This poor little kitty of only 7 or 8 months old wasn't wanted anymore and I just couldn't not help her. She was full of fleas, had worms, ear mites & wasn't spayed. Oh and I'm her fourth home. FOURTH! How could such a young kitty have so many homes? I have no idea because she's fantastic. Kind of sad that she's been with me for only four and a half months and that's the longest she's ever been in a home. Look at how cute she is!
The day Bella came home
(she spent the first night at the vet to get her home ready)
She's made herself right at home and passes out anywhere

Most importantly on the personal side (although there's really nothing more important than the kitties *snicker*), I'm off to Kona on Tuesday! I can't put into words how excited I am to go. As if being in Hawaii for a week isn't awesome enough, I get to see so many friends (some racing, some spectathletes in training). I'm actually going to have

Training/Racing:
I'll leave you in suspense on this one, but look for a post on this subject in the next couple of days!

10 comments:

Erin said...

welcome back. I love that photo of Bella all sprawled out. Good luck with the mouse!

ADC said...

Woo hoo. Finally. Welcome back.

Beth said...

Yahoooo! You're back! :) That is one cute kitty - all sprawled out and loving life! See you soon my friend! :)

Jill Costantino said...

Woohoo - Welcome back D! Oh- I'm a wee bit jealous of the Hawaii trip - just a wee bit okay A LOT! Have an amazing time. Love the new layout of the blog and looking forward to seeing your schedule! Your new addition is a cutie.

Kim said...

Well it is about TIME! Nice to see you back. Your blog looks awesome and I enjoyed reading the updates...Love the new kitty.. Bella! So cute! I can't BELIEVE you are so lucky and going to Kona to Hang with the peeps.. awesome. Give Beth B. a big Good Luck Hug for me right before the race!! Have fun and please blog from there so I can be really jealous.

t-odd said...

YEAH! Welcome back! That cat is super cute. Whoever would have thought you would be such a good worker to get a raise after only a week? Certainly not me. ; )

Teresa said...

Glad you are back in action. I love your kitties ;)

tn

Clair said...

Wahoo, welcome back! Have a blast in Kona.

beardies3 said...

Glad you are back blogging! Have a great time in Kona.

RP said...

Have fun in Kona.

Luv the kitty. Glad she has a perm home now.