Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I should probably run if I'm going to race

In the latter part of last year I had a bit of an "Aha!" moment. My jobs were taking up A LOT of my time and energy and I just couldn't fathom spending bundles of time training on top of work so I decided I would move away from the longer distance stuff and drop right down to 5K.

I've decided that I want to break my PR for the distance. Honestly, I don't know if it's physically possible for me to do it (the body I had when I got that time is a far cry from the body I will be trying with now), but I'm going to give it a shot.

It doesn't take a genius to figure it out, but I should probably be running if I want to achieve anything running-wise, huh? Well this has been easier said than done in the last few weeks. Christmas holidays are NUTS for pet sitters and post-holidays have found me some new challenges professionally (I'll save that for another post) that have taken up almost every spare second I have so the last month and a half or so has seen sporadic running, at best.

Unfortunately when I get busy like that food finds me in a BIG way and that meant tracking down my fat pants for a week. Last week's fasting helped (no, I do not condone fasting, but sometimes life hands you stress & anxiety that takes away any semblance of an appetite... I didn't know that was possible for me lol), but I've done some good work this week to reverse the effects of the fast ;) Did you know that McDonald's chocolate milkshakes are quite delicious? I wish I hadn't found that out.

Next week should be the return of "normal" to my life and I can get back to some awesome running! Beth will probably be nagging me for some food logs too.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Consider yourself nagged. Last time I checked, McDonald's milkshakes didn't have any vegetables in them... ;)

Anonymous said...

mmm.. stress leads me to food. And the holidays did a number on me as well - don't feel like you are the only one. Hope all the issues are getting figured out in your favor :)

Steve said...

Good Luck with your running. Good thing about 5K goals, is maybe all you have to do is find 30 minutes somewhere in the day.

McDonalds chocolate milk shake lol. My wife eats some type of chocolate EVERY day. I mean every day. I have never seen anything like it. Of course I get my sugar in a different way. :)

Steve said...

Oh hey one other thing, I know it probably isn't your thing to "talk" about yourself on your blog. I find it interesting, and I am SURE all your friends do too. :)

ADC said...

Come on then, start running. And step away from McD.

Tawnee Prazak, M.S., CSCS said...

Run D Runnnnnn! You better go fast or I'm gonna give you sh*t ;)

LoveOfShoes said...

Please laugh away, sometimes (most of the time) it's the only way I get through the day.

In fact, I was laughing at myself as I wrote that :)

Anonymous said...

I know from experience that Burger Heaven's milkshakes have *real* chocolate ice cream in them. Since there's tones of data that proves chocolate is good for you, all you have to do is switch to Burger Heaven shakes. :) Oh wait, your post was about running, not shakes. Well, since I haven't run in a week, I can't help you. Milkshake perhaps?